MDC-NYU PhD Exchange Program of the Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology
The Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology (BIMSB) offers a doctoral Exchange Program with interdisciplinary research projects and an international focus. Doctoral topics are structured as collaborative projects between the Center for Genomics & Systems Biology at New York University and BIMSB at MDC.
Doctoral candidates receive joint supervision and divide their time between Berlin and New York, taking advantage of complimentary research and training expertise.
Our program offers:
- Interdisciplinary research training in top ranking labs.
- Dual mentoring by a group leader from MDC and NYU. The regular guidance of an international Doctoral Committee supports the creation of individual research and training portfolios.
- Support for doctoral candidates to spend up to fifty percent of their time at NYU. Resources are available for travel from Berlin to New York.
- Access to and training in high-end technologies, such as deep sequencing, mass spectrometry, bioinformatics.
- Participation in interdisciplinary classes, soft skills courses, doctoral candidate-focused seminars and specialist summer schools.
- An extensive and comprehensive archive of animal model systems and "evo-devo" approaches.
Prof. Nikolaus Rajewsky Stephen J. Small, PhD Dr Jutta Steinkötter programme
Genomics, Medical Systems Biology
|Chair:||Prof. Nikolaus Rajewsky / Justin Blau, PhD|
Dr. Grietje Krabbe
Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine
|Telephone:||+49 30 94064329|
|Deadlines:||12th January 2020|