PharMetrX: Pharmacometrics & Computational Disease Modelling is a joint initiative between FU Berlin (Clinical Pharmacy) and Universität Potsdam (Mathematics). Based on a new collaborative role model, the Graduate Research Training Program is supported by several global research-driven pharmaceutical companies. As a transdisciplinary structured program, PharMetrX offers doctoral candidates a unique opportunity to experience research in the areas of drug development and optimising drug therapy. The languages of instruction are English.
PharMetrX aims to understand the drug-patient interaction by analysing drug concentration, effect and disease profiles of trials and of therapeutic care by mathematical models, involving various fields as (patho) physiology, pharmacology, pharmacotherapy, clinical pharmacy, mathematical modelling, statistics, systems biology, pharmacokinetics/-dynamics in a coherent framework. PharMetrX offers:
- a 3.5 year research program
- joint supervision of scientific progress and personal development
- a structured research training curriculum of basic and advanced academic and industrial modules
- an individual research and development plan
- mentors from industry partners
- a transdisciplinary research environment
- PharMetrX is open to candidates with a university degree in natural sciences or medicine.
modeling Freie Universität Berlin Universität Potsdam programme optimising Prof. Dr Charlotte Kloft Prof. Dr Wilhelm Huisinga Cornelia Böhnstedt
life sciences, pharmacy, drug development, drug therapy, pharmacotherapy, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, systems biology, bioinformatics
Prof. Dr Wilhelm Huisinga (UP)
Institut für Pharmazie