Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine International PhD Program
The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is devoted to biomedical research, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of health and disease and translating findings as quickly as possible into clinical applications. Better prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases are our ultimate goals.
Are you interested in one of the following topics?
• Cardiovascular research and metabolic diseases
• Cancer and immunology
• Model systems and organoids
• Medical systems biology
• Computational biology and bioinformatics
• Omics data science
• Mathematical modeling
• Imaging and MRI
• Translational research
Join us! The MDC International PhD Program provides a framework of structured training for biomedical research. It currently hosts over 380 PhD researchers, 60% of which are coming from abroad. Applications are accepted via application portal only. Find out more on our webpages.
At the MDC, we believe that to be a great scientist, one needs to train a diverse set of competences. To support our PhD researchers to develop both personally and scientifically, we offer a structured PhD program in a research-intensive atmosphere, including:
• Excellent scientific, international and supportive environment
• Individual PhD supervision and mentoring
• Support of the thesis committee
• Advanced scientific, research-related and methods training
• Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
• Regular lectures and seminar series
• Framework program for personal and career development
• Participation in PhD symposia and retreats
• Travel grants for external courses and conferences
Students may join our MDC-NYU PhD Exchange Program in Medical Systems Biology, or become associated with the interdisciplinary HEIBRiDS Data Science School. The working language of the program is English.
Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)
In the Helmholtz Association