Imaging bridges a crucial gap in space and time in life science and medicine. New molecular and cellular insights are obtained from imaging. These findings should be integrated with data science into a coherent picture of tissues, organs and organisms for early interception and treatment of disease.
To contribute to this goal, the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine; the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel; the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the Charité-University Medicine, Berlin have joined forces to establish a Helmholtz International Research School (HIRS) for Imaging from the NAno to the MESo (iNAMES).
Join us! Utilizing a superior environment and infrastructure, the mission of iNAMES is the training of outstanding young imaging/translational medicine researchers in a truly international research school. The multi-disciplinary environment provided by the participating institutions strongly stimulates investigations at the frontier of life sciences and technology development. Applications are accepted via application portal only. Working language of the program is English. Find out more on our webpages.
· Development of next generation imaging technologies
· Advancement of computational sciences, imaging data sciences, artificial intelligence, machine learning, biophysics and mathematical models
· Application of imaging and data science in molecular medicine, biology, life sciences and mechanistic biophysical research
· Swift translation into clinical imaging, large population imaging and public health sciences
What are we offering?
· Excellent scientific, international, collaborative and inclusive environment
· Research visits and exchange stays at partner institution abroad
· Individual PhD supervision and dual mentoring
· Advanced scientific, research methods and training opportunities
· Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and core facilities
· Regular lectures, journal clubs and seminar series
· Framework program for personal and career development
· Annual symposia and research winter/ summer schools
· Participation in PhD retreats and networking social events
· Travel grants for external courses and conferences
Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)
In the Helmholtz Association