Building on Berlin’s unique and manifold academic environment, the Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS) provides outstanding doctoral candidates with state-of-the-art training in economics, finance, econometrics, and management science. It brings together expertise and excellence from all major universities and research institutions in Berlin. Since 2011 the program has been funded by the Einstein Foundation. BDPEMS offers scholarships for up to three years.
The program’s vision is to become one of Europe’s leading programs for top-level graduate education in economics and management.
BDPEMS offers a structured doctoral education with individual research beginning at an early stage. A broad network of institutions and researchers cooperates with the DIW Graduate Center and the following partner programs:
- Research Training Group Interdependencies in the Regulation of Markets
- International Research Training Group High Dimensional Non Stationary Time Series
The faculty consists of internationally renowned scholars from:
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU)
- Freie Universität Berlin (FU)
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU)
- European School of Management and Technology (ESMT)
- Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB)
Programme programmes Prof. Dr Alexandra Spitz-Oener Jenny Schmiedel
economics, finance, econometrics, management science
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Spandauer Straße 1